One Piece Memories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to One Piece: Memories

Greetings & welcome to One Piece Memories a place to create memories, make friends & sail the sea. You can take whichever path you choose from a life of justice to a life of piracy and anything in between. Have fun upon the deadly seas that await your arrival.
Affiliates
One Piece Memories Button

Other Site Affiliates

Earth Land Faries
Some People Just Have A Nose For Trouble (Closed) Pn-af11
Latest topics
» Forced Heroes
Some People Just Have A Nose For Trouble (Closed) EmptySun Jul 24, 2016 5:00 pm by Guest

» The Start Of A Magical Adventure!
Some People Just Have A Nose For Trouble (Closed) EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 10:38 am by Sweet Dreams

» Inu-Inu no Mi Model: Kitsune
Some People Just Have A Nose For Trouble (Closed) EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 10:42 am by Docile

» Eric's soccer balls
Some People Just Have A Nose For Trouble (Closed) EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 8:15 am by Okamiro

» Hajimemashite!
Some People Just Have A Nose For Trouble (Closed) EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 5:31 am by Sweet Dreams

» Shinobi Fables Untold
Some People Just Have A Nose For Trouble (Closed) EmptyFri Jun 10, 2016 7:57 am by Guest

» Hogwarts & Beyond
Some People Just Have A Nose For Trouble (Closed) EmptySun May 29, 2016 3:36 am by Guest

» Vixon Vox
Some People Just Have A Nose For Trouble (Closed) EmptyWed May 25, 2016 10:45 am by Raizen

» Activity Check
Some People Just Have A Nose For Trouble (Closed) EmptyWed May 25, 2016 8:43 am by Raizen

Some People Just Have A Nose For Trouble (Closed)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Some People Just Have A Nose For Trouble (Closed) Empty Some People Just Have A Nose For Trouble (Closed)

Post by Colm Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:52 am

It was already the afternoon but not too late in it, the sun was hanging though not very high, and the sky was dotted with several clouds, although whether or not they were storm clouds was hard to tell. Zach had just finished reaching the next island on his journey, he had lost count of the various places he had visited but still had a memory of each of them, some good and some bad although usually when there was one the other came along shortly after. It's not that he looked for trouble, it just always seemed to find him. Needless to say he didn't know exactly where he was but that was fine, it didn't really matter where he was, this island would probably be just like all the others. Tying the small ship he had stolen from the last island at the docks he headed off into the city, a few fisherman noticed him and how he was clearly new around here and waved at him, not wanting to be rude Zach returned the gesture. As he made his way into the city he could see that the streets weren't all that filled up but not exactly busy either, the people around here were probably still at their jobs or just enjoying some time indoors. Noticing someone off on the corner Zach approached them, they had their back to him so he cleared his throat to get their attention. Turning around the elderly man offered him a a smile and Zach greeted him with his own. Excuse me sir, would you happen to know where the nearest bar is? The old man turned and pointed down the road. Head straight down this road and it'll be right in front of you. Smirking for a moment Zach offered a bow before heading on his way. Thank you for your assistance, I appreciate it.

Following the simple directions of the gentleman he'd just spoken to Zach walked down the road, after a few moments he could clearly see the bar at the end of the intersection, whoever had built it had put the place in a good location. Making his way through the door he scoped the place out, looked just like any other bar, but of course that wasn't very surprising. There wasn't some huge brawl going on which Zach was thankful for, he walked in and took a seat at the counter, holding a finger up to get the barkeeper's attention he waited patiently to be served. Hey there stranger, what can I get for you? I'll take a vodka. Got anything with flavor? The barkeeper nodded his head and turned off, Zach could see him pouring something and a moment later he returned with his drink. Thank you. Lifting the glass up Zach took a sip of it, it tasted like cherries and it was delicious. Laughing lightly to himself Zach took out a cigarette and placed it in his holder to smoke, he lit it up and took a drag from it before exhaling calmly. Today's going to be a good day.
Colm
Colm

Back to top Go down

Some People Just Have A Nose For Trouble (Closed) Empty Re: Some People Just Have A Nose For Trouble (Closed)

Post by Docile Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:12 am

Rising into the sky of Home Field hills was the smoke of a battle gone down the victor of whom stood over the group of cretins with an 8 barrelled revolver. Slotting each new bullet into place the bandit king Moroco lay in a bloody heap below as his unwanted stench of death entered the nostrils of a man who had originally offered him a passage of peace.

Poor stubborn Moroco just couldn't take that passage though could he. Always wanted to be the big man. Well playing the big man landed him a hole in the ground. One that Mr Stout would be finishing off within the next two minutes.

As he shovelled the last of the filth aside the man with the 8 barrelled revolver placed a foot on Moroco's hip. Applying pressure the body was kicked and seconds later rolled into the hole causing dust to rise up.

"That's a good hole you've dug there Mr Stout. Once you fill it in your free to go. I've no beef with you for you've no crime committed, but in the future please avoid the dangerous types such as Moroco the bandit king and stick to the safer streets."

Placing his revolver into its holster the victor looked over Moroc's dead eyes then turned and climbed the mound atop the mountains which over looked the island. Smiling as he watched flags atop the towers flutter in the breeze he grinned. It was nice to see a world completely oblivious to the possible massacre that could've been.

The town had been rescued and even though no below knew it, he didn't care. They didn't need to know. The only people who did would be the Navy. They were the ones paying him anyway.

Taking his first step down towards the town, Captain Heartly Hayes of the Marines was ready for a nice cold one and couldn't wait to get his lips around a frosty mug.
Docile
Docile
Admin
Admin

https://onepiecememories.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Some People Just Have A Nose For Trouble (Closed) Empty Re: Some People Just Have A Nose For Trouble (Closed)

Post by Colm Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:02 pm

Finishing his smoke Zach removed the cigarette from the holder and flicked it into a trash can behind the bar counter. Sitting up straight he took another sip of his drink, it was cold and refreshing, the gentleman behind the counter really knew how to run an establishment. Turning around to take another good look at the bar Zach tried to single out anyone who might be interesting or capable of impressing him, after scanning back and forth he decided this place had nothing to offer. He sighed until he noticed something in the corner of his eye, there was a table off in the back corner of the bar where a few men were huddled. Zach had been in enough bars to know what they were up to, they were playing some poker, and judging from the fact they were alone it was safe to assume they were the kind of people normal individuals would want nothing to do with. Just the kind of crowd he was looking for.

Downing his drink he smirked, he was going to be needing more of these. Returning himself back to his original position Zach tapped on the bar counter to gather the barkeeper's attention once more. Mind if I get another one of these? The barkeeper raised an eyebrow at him, it seemed like he was waiting for Zach to pay for his first drink before he did anything else. Oh right, how rude of me. Reaching into his pocket Zach pulled out several bills and dropped them on the counter. This should cover the next dozen rounds or so correct? Without even nodding or showing any form of agreement the bartender turned around and filled another drink for him. Zach graciously took the glass and motioned over at the distant table. Make sure to send one of these every few minutes, I'll be back there. Getting up from his seat Zach calmly walked over to the table and found a seat open, he dropped down in it and was greeted with a few less than appealing angry faces. Don't mind me gentleman, just here to play. Zach reached into his pocket again and pulled some more money out, dropping the stack of bills on the table he looked over the men he was sitting with. Deal me in.
Colm
Colm

Back to top Go down

Post by Docile Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:25 pm

Entering the town's streets and making his way past the few citizens who continued their daily lives smiling as he walked on past them Heartly reached into his pocket. Removing his snail phone Heartly dialed the Head Quarters of the local town.

"Captain Heartly Hayes here, Moroco The Bandit King and his team are down for the count. They're up on Home Field Hill. Mr Stout is with them, he's innocent but has details on the gang's crimes. Take him in, but treat him like a citizen instead of a criminal."

"Right you are Captain, we'll send a team to collect them now."

Hanging up the den den Heartly arrived at the doors to a bar and looked over it with a smile. He'd not seen this bar upon entering the town earlier, but right now any pub would be welcome. He needed to clean the blood from his knuckles and clean up the cut on his head. The blood that stained the right side of his face looked a little unhealthy.

Sliding the doors open with his right hand and taking his first steps inside, Heartly pretty much ignored the interior and its patrons, heading straight for the toilets he found himself the sink and paper towels to dry himself with. Waiting for a large round gentleman with a goatee to finish with the sink, Heartly leant against the wall. Watching him as he left the bathroom and continuously kept staring back at Heartly's bloody face, he got to work on washing himself up at the sink.

Bit of water over the blood and the cuts and he'd be just fine a few minutes.

Finishing up the sink looked like some poor girl had hit her time of the month. But he looked much better all things considered. He hadn't expected to rock up on that hill and walk straight into an ambush. Thankfully his devil fruit gave him the nice defence that he needed.

Now it was time to head out into the bar for a nice drink.
Docile
Docile
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Colm Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:40 am

The man who was working as the dealer stared at Zach intently for a few moments before glancing down at the money he'd set on the table. He laughed and swapped out the cash for chips and dealt Zach in. You must be really confident in yourself kid. Calmly lifting his cards up Zach took another sip from his drink, it had been a little while since he gambled and he had missed the feeling. Looking over to the dealer he smiled. Well I am pretty good at card games. It was clear some of the other men were a little less patient then Zach would have liked them to be, but on the other hand he had nothing against getting underway, it was time for him to make back all the money he'd just spent and then some. As the next round got underway there were alternations of placing bets and checking and with each card that flipped there was some sign that someone was either grateful or a tad pissed off. But not Zach, he was able to keep calm and composed at all times without showing a single hint to his opponents that he was in trouble or about to hit it big. Not wanting things to be boring he decided to take it easy and go back and forth between winning and losing. After all, nobody took too kindly to having all of their money taken by someone younger and more charming than themselves.

Several rounds passed and Zach was able to prove that he deserved to be here, his pile wasn't the largest but it also wasn't the smallest either, he could easily cash out now and have made more money then he had spent, but there would be no fun in that. Excuse me sir. A voice called out from just behind Zach and he turned to be greeted with a pretty face, it was a girl probably only a few years younger than himself holding a tray full of drinks. I think this is for you. She offered the drink to Zach and he took it, offering the girl a warm smile in return. And here I thought the loveliest thing in this place was it's drinks, thank you for proving me wrong my dear. Zach gave her a charming wink and although she tried to hide it there was a clear pinkness to her cheeks, she did her best to look at him and smile before heading off to her other orders. Returning back to his game Zach took another sip of his drink and set it down. Quite the lady-killer aren't you kid? Smirking for a moment Zach glanced over at him. Well I figured someone at the table had to be. There was a mix of laughs and a few dirty looks for that remark. Alright smart-ass, let's see your cards. Still smiling he flipped his over to reveal he'd gotten a royal flush, there was nobody who could beat him and Zach had managed to basically clean everyone out of what they had. Needless to say everyone at the table was less than thrilled with him. You little punk, you cheated! Some of the other men got out of their seats and looked as if they were ready to beat Zach to a bloody pulp. Raising his hands up as an attempt to calm them down Zach was still smiling. Now now gentleman, can't we talk this out?
Colm
Colm

Back to top Go down

Post by Docile Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:01 pm

Heading to the bar Heartly sat down and raised his hand to get the barkeep's attention. Quickly he caught it and as he arrived beside him, Heartly looked over the drinks on tap then the bottle's behind the bar.

"Could I get a pint of Nun's Delight?"

Nodding the barkeep used a bottle opened to pop the top off before he finally poured it into a mug and handed it over. Slipping over a note the bar keep placed it in the till and placed Heartly's change down. Pocketing it, Heartly took his first sip.

"Ah!" nothing tasted better to him than that initial first sip. Heartly could hear voices in the back ground of a gambling talk and he knew for a fact that this place didn't have a permit to be gambling and wanted to bust them for it, but he really wasn't in the mood just yet. Maybe once he finished his fisrt drink he might be.

But that would be a while. He wanted to savour his first drink. He heard the few games go on for a while and tapped away on the bar as he sipped slowly at his drink. He figured if they didn't finish soon he'd step in.

Half way through his drink he burped and thought about the fight he'd had upon Home Filed Hill. He remembered that bastard Moroco tossing that dust in his face and hitting him around the head with that plank of wood that shattered on contact. It had been painful, but in the end not worth it.

Even though it had brought him to his knees it had pushed Heartly to change into his Tail Form and trip him up by grabbing his ankle with his tail and lifting him up. Once he was in the air hanging upside down there wasn't much chance of escape then.

He could remember seeing the look on his face when he did drop him and Moroco tried walking. He fell flat on his face. The burns around his ankle were too much for him. That's what you get if you're that defiant to come quietly though. Well that and if you've also got a rap sheet as long as the hone book of petty crimes.

Snapping Heartly from his memories he turned to see the gambling was going to break out into a fight. Leaving his drink and turning around he approached the table quickly.

Arriving as Zach raised his hands, Heartly spoke up.

"I think its about time you all stopped. This place doesn't have a permit to gamble so what you're all doing here is illegal. I'll happily look the other way just this one time as long as you stop right now."

Knowing full well how violent these people were due to past experiences with gamblers, Heartly was mentally preparing himself for whatever might be coming his way. He had an eight barrel revolver on him and a mythical zoan devil fruit the legendary Inu Inu no Mi: Model: Black Dog. So whatever they threw at him, he'd be ok.
Docile
Docile
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Colm Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:42 am

Before the rowdy bunch Zach had upset could take another step a voice spoke up from behind, glancing over his shoulder to see the source it appeared to come from the man with a drink in his hand. Judging from his tone and what he said it was obvious that this man was a marine, or at the very least some form of law enforcement on this island. For the most part it seemed like he was on Zach's side, and as long as he wasn't on theirs he'd be fine. Looking back over to the group he could see all their attention was focused directly on the new guy, they clearly didn't like his tone. The fact he pretty much barked an order at them didn't exactly help either. Slowly lowering his hands and reaching for the pile of cash in front of him Zach started to slowly stuff some on his pockets, doing his best to not be seen. You know guys he's right, we should honestly just call it quits, pack up and leave. Besides, there's nothing I hate more than a couple of sore losers.

That was all it took for Zach to be public enemy number one once again, he figured this would happen though and wasn't worried. Now that the money had been more or less secured he was free to take care of these guys and maybe even make a run for it if the guy behind him caused any added trouble. I'm gonna kick your ass kid! Zach smirked as he reached for two glasses in front of him and held them in his hands. I'd like to see you try. Activating his devil fruit powers Zach caused the glasses in his hands to turn into shrapnel grenades, they exploded instantly sending sharp pieces of glass at the angry group of men. There was a mixture of cuts and punctures although all of them hurt like hell thanks to the alcohol mixing into the wounds. The room was suddenly filled with screams of agony and roars of pure anger, this place wasn't going to be getting off easy and that was really rather unfortunate. In the middle of all the confusion Zach lifted up the table and pushed it at them, some managed to move away but one man was hit square in the face and landed flat on his back with the table coming crashing down on top of him. One was out cold but now the rest were even more furious than before. Zach had positioned himself next to the stranger that had appeared to put an end to the fun. Greetings sir. I really hope you'll pick me over them, I'd like to think I'm a much better ally.
Colm
Colm

Back to top Go down

Post by Docile Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:19 pm

Watching as the man who'd clearly won and angered the others begun to pocket the money Heartly rolled his eyes. What a twat he hated gamblers and their greed. Just because he'd won and he was here to close down the table the fool decided to pocket the money. Heartly was going to split the money evenly and give it back to each person to avoid the troublesome situation and give the feeling that no such gambling had even happened in the first place, but numb nuts here just couldn't help himself.

As one of the men mentioned how he would kick Zachary's ass Heartly cocked back the hammer on his Heart stopper in the holster. This was when things just got worse. Shattering a glasses somehow with his hand Heartly felt a shard speed past his face and tear open a small wound across the bridge of his nose.

Other than that the other pieces had no effect upon him as they hit his torso and simply lost all momentum and plummeted to the floor. Looking towards Zachary as he made his way beside Heartly and spoke about being his ally Heartly stepped away from him.

"I'm no bodies ally here. I'm a marine and you've just made things worse here young man. I would have you hand back the money so everyone has what they started with."

Removing his Heart stopper from its holster Heartly took aim with it. Directing the revolver at Zachary's face Heartly continued.

"I've got eight little friends here I'd rather not use, but I will do if need be. Now hand back the money and we'll be done here. I'm in no mood to be trifled with."

Clenching his fist tightly Heartly could feel his body begging to change but wasn't about to let his little secret escape just yet. Not until he needed to.
Docile
Docile
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Colm Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:44 am

Well this was indeed unfortunate, there was an angry group of men slowly closing in to his front and now he was being held at gunpoint by a marine that wanted nothing to do with him. Instead of there being two sides there was now three and it seemed Zach was on one of the losing one's with a gun being aimed at his face, either he'd have to return the money or he'd be shot. Both of those choices seemed pretty shitty so he decided to do things his way. Glancing back a moment he could see the bartender was staring at what was going on, he seemed worried about what would happen to his bar. Offering him a smile Zach reached into his pocket and pulled out a small stack of bills, tossing it over to the barkeeper he caught it and seemed confused. Only fair to pay for the damage I've caused right? Can't have you spreading a bad reputation about me to the other bars.

Returning his attention back to the marine who was more or less issuing orders that Zach was supposed to follow without question he raised a hand slightly as a symbol that he would listen. That was some of my money that I just gave away. I'll return the money to these fine gentleman, I'm not looking for any trouble. I just ask that you please give me a moment. Reaching into his pocket he pulled out a cigarette as well as his holder, loading it and lighting it up Zach took a long drag of it, but instead of exhaling right away he allowed the smoke to mix around with some of his own breath first. Digging into his other pocket with his free hand Zach pulled some money out to make it seem like he was complying, this was of course just a trick. Spitting out a white ball onto the floor it detonated on impact and suddenly the whole room was filled with white smoke. Any of the patrons who hadn't already left suddenly started to fall into a panic, this seemed like a good opportunity to run. He wasn't about to try and run passed the armed marine however, so Zach crammed the money back into his pocket and made a break for it out through the back door. After getting outside he was in an alleyway, turning to his left he made a run for it, he was sure the marine would be chasing him down and he had to widen the distance between them as much as possible.
Colm
Colm

Back to top Go down

Post by Docile Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:13 pm

Watching as Zachary tossed over some money, Heartly's nose filled with a stench he knew all too well. This man was about to kill someone and there wasn't a damn thing Heartly could do about it as he didn't even know what he was about to do.

As the man inhaled on his cigarette Heartly remained still watching as he pulled out money, attempting to figure out just what he would do, Heartly watched as he exhaled.

That was when things got worse. An explosion tore the bar to pieces around him including pieces of his own clothing. Being thrown backwards into the wall, Heartly grunted in pain. Picking himself up quickly due to his resilience, Heartly looked towards Zachary then the corpses of which he'd created and Heartly had expected. Catching sight of him rushing out through the door, Heartly sniffed the air picking up his scent.

"Dirty little shit." Heartly muttered under his breath before he made his way to the door. Exiting the bar and looking into the air, Heartly allowed his body to call upon a change that would aid him.

Inu Inu: Hybrid

Growing in height and taking on a thin dark fur over his entire body, Heartly sniffed at the air. He managed to capture his scent and darted off directly after Zachary. Sprinting down to the left and hoping atop a crate and from them up higher to land himself upon the rooftops he spotted the gentleman thanks to his attire running for his life.

Too bad he'd been stupid enough to disobey the Navy's Hell Hound. Sprinting across the roof tops, Heartly clenched his fists tightly.

Looking towards him Heartly could see he was running straight towards a dead end, but if this man managed to cause another explosion as he'd done so before hand, then he'd probably run straight through it.
Docile
Docile
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Colm Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:13 am

As Zach ran through the streets he could see that people were glancing at him with a confused face, he supposed it wasn't every day you saw an attractive young gentleman running about as if his life depended on it. Of course Zach paid no attention to them because he had more pressing matters to attend to, such as getting the hell away from the man who was most likely chasing him down. Looking from side to side in order to make sure he wasn't really being followed there wasn't any sign of immediate danger which was slightly reassuring. This only lasted however until he noticed something out of the corner of his eye, looking up he could see a shape running across the rooftops. It was difficult to tell what it was although there was a twinge of fear creeping across Zach, whatever the hell it was there was no way it was only human. Zach needed to get to a better location, the last thing he needed was for something to swoop down from the roofs and catch him off guard. And where he was at now a lot of innocent people would get caught in the crossfire, Zach wasn't in the mood to stack up any more bodies on this island than he already had.

Continuing down the road Zach could see he was about to hit a wall, if he stopped here he'd be backed up into a position where nothing but trouble would await him. Reaching into his pocket Zach pulled out a pair of dice and blew on them, charging them with exploding capabilities he chucked them at the wall, as they made contact there was a large explosion and the wall was blown to pieces. There was a bit of panic in the distance as the civilians heard the large noise and could see the smoke rising into the sky. Continuing to move Zach made a turn and found himself in the middle of a wide open area in the town, there didn't seem to be too many people around and if there was any trouble whoever was here would definitely clear out in no time at all. Running to the center Zach started to look around, he wanted to see whatever the hell it was that had been chasing him coming. He wasn't a fool, he knew that because of what he had done in the bar the marine was going to be furious and sadly talking his was out wasn't going to be an option, the best Zach could do was stand and fight. Today didn't seem like a good day to go to jail, and honestly it would be a real shame to get locked up after making it out with a reasonable amount of money.
Colm
Colm

Back to top Go down

Post by Docile Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:08 pm

Surprise surprise the man had blown the wall to pieces. Leaping to the next rooftop, Heartly flipped into the air after landing allowing himself to come crashing down unto the ground landing on all fours. Landing in a dark alleyway within the town centre he looked towards Zachary.

Heartly remained crouching on the ground and looked towards Zachary contemplating his first move. This man used explosions to fight with, now that could be problematic. Or at least it would be if he was an idiot who didn't know what he was doing.

Inu Inu: Leg Point

Losing masses of weight and feeling his legs bend backwards whilst Heartly's hand took on a more canine appearance Heartly began to sprint towards Zachary. Sprinting towards him with such incredible speed Heartly could be seen moving at an accelerated speed easily one stat higher than his current speed in human form.

Inu Inu: Leg Point: Red Hot Roundhouse

Performing a quick roundhouse kick Heartly launched a heated projectile towards Zachary, however this wasn't the end of his attack as his feet crashing back into the ground, Heartly used his speed to his advantage. Slamming his tip toes into the ground, Heartly propelled himself into the sky above Zachary where the sun was slowly setting and bringing the cover of night and a wild wind that would brush over the town.

Inu Inu: Fur Point

His body took another change as the fur exploded out of him into a large ball and his limbs barely visible mixed among his thick black fur.

Inu Inu: Fur Point: Sun Drop

Spinning several times in the air Heartly could feel the rush of wind gushing past his face and bringing him to an incredible speed that wouldn't be easily stopped. Motioning downwards with his foot, Heartly directed himself towards Zachary.

Heartly wasn't hugely fond of gamblers, nor was he fond of thieves, but this guy just took the piss.
Docile
Docile
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Colm Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:22 pm

A couple of minutes had passed and still he was alone, the marine had to have caught up by now so the only thing that made sense was that he was currently hiding out of sight in order to get the drop on Zach. Scanning the town center Zach started to feel uneasy, he was a patient man but at the same time he didn't like to be kept waiting, and the longer this took the more time his opponent would have to begin an attack. His ears picked up on something and he turned to see a figure rush at him full speed from an alleyway, from what he could tell it was the marine from before but something was very wrong from him, his legs had taken on a more bestial form and from that Zach felt a twinge of fear. Whatever the hell this guy was it certainly wasn't anything pure or good. At the rate he was going Zach probably wouldn't be able to take him on if he had a running start, but at the same time he wasn't sure what this guy was capable of in close combat. Without even stopping the marine launched a kick from a distance, there was no way the actual kick would be able to connect but it didn't have to, a flaming projectile had been launched at Zach. Dropping down into a squatting position he avoided being hit by it but what was coming for him would be much more dangerous.

As he watched the marine leap into the air and seemingly transform before his very eyes Zach wanted to know even more what it was he was up against. Suddenly what looked like a cross between a man and a dog exploded into a large ball of fur that was crashing down towards Zach at a high speed. The best he could do here was jump back and so he did. Zach managed to narrowly avoid being crushed but the impact of the marine hitting the floor cause the stone pavement to crack and send small pieces of rock in every direction. Raising his arms to block his face Zach received several small scratches on his arms, they stung but the pain was bearable and honestly he could have been a lot worse off. Sliding to a stop Zach stood back up and reached into his pocket, pulling out a pack of cards he opened them up and pulled one out. I really don't know what the hell you are, but I probably won't be able to convince you to let me go. So here's to a gentleman's duel! Breathing lightly on the card he charged it with explosive qualities and flung it at the marine. Reaching back into the deck he quickly repeated this process another five times to make a total of six exploding playing cards being hurled at the man after his head.
Colm
Colm

Back to top Go down

Post by Docile Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:56 pm

Watching as the gentleman somehow managed to avoid him, Heartly knew he couldn't do it for long as his speed was superior, that much was clear from simply watching him. As the man removed a card and blew on it, Heartly started to put two and two together as the man tossed the card and scrambled for another.

Inu Inu: Hybrid

Turning into his hybrid form, Heartly used his increase in strength and speed thanks to his near bestial form to dodge the attacks. As the first card shot towards him, Heartly sprinted towards it and spun around it ending back on two feet gazing towards Zachary, as the next card came his way, Heartly flipped over it, the third card came for his neck to which Heartly titled his head as he continued walking towards Zachary and allowed the card to flutter on by, the fourth & fifth card were thrown at the same time to which Heartly found one heading for his legs & one for his torso.

Smirking he simply cast himself into the air performing a technique.

Inu Inu: Hybrid: Drop Down Draco

Launching several heated projectiles off in Zachary's direction, Heartly spoke.

"If you give up now, I won't have to continue, otherwise your in trouble."

Reaching for his Heart Stopper whilst in the air, Heartly whipped it out to fire all eight shots. As the revolver fired and the chamber turned the bullets exited the barrel and the smoke fled from the tip. Before Heartly hit the ground he'd managed to reload the revolver again and tugged back the hammer of his revolver.

Landing in front of Zachary looking towards him with a grin Heartly pointed his Heart Stopper at him now as he watched the trailer behind Zachary carrying barrels of alcohol burst and flood towards Zachary.

This man seemed to be unaffected by explosions, but fire was a different story, so Heartly thought he may as well try. The worst that could happen is he catches on fire too. But thanks to his fruit his heat resistance was pretty good. Towards Zachary's right was a book store on one of the walls of the town centre whilst all around him other than the direction Heartly was closing in from were trailers of delivery for the shops nearby. It seemed Zachary hadn't noticed that he'd backed himself into a corner.

"I'm faster than you could ever be and much stronger too. If I were you I'd just give it up because nothing good can come of this for you."
Docile
Docile
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Colm Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:30 am

It was now apparent that Zach's situation was grim, not only did the marine manage to avoid each and every one of his attacks but it was clear that Zach wouldn't be able to keep dodging forever. Noticing more projectiles coming straight towards him Zach dove to the side in order to avoid them, scrambling to his feet he was met with the sight of a beast-man firing at him from a revolver. He tried to move but there was no way he'd be able to avoid bullets, bending and twisting the best he could Zach was hit by several of them, one which grazed the left side of his neck, another grazed his right hip, a third one pierced through his left shoulder, and the last of them digging it's way into his right leg. Dropping down on one knee it became apparent that he wasn't going to be able to get himself out of this one. There was a stinging sensation as Zach felt liquid rush passed him, it seemed alcohol had poured out all over the ground, if he ignited it there would be a grand explosion but the flames that followed it would cause some serious self-harm. Looking up he was greeted with the marine pointing a gun at him from only a few steps away, if he tried to escape he'd be shot and killed on the spot, this was something he was sure of. Seems that my winning streak has finally come to an end. You've caught me. Dropping the pack of cards he'd been holding on to Zach raised his hands above his head, there were no tricks he could pull to get out of the situation, no plan he could formulate where he'd be alright, it was now time to leave things to fate.
Colm
Colm

Back to top Go down

Post by Docile Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:31 pm

Watching as Zachary dropped the cards & raised his hands, Heartly didn't trust him nor did he trust his cocky smart mouth. Still with the revolver aimed perfectly and confidence in his marksmanship, Heartly spoke.

"Tell me one thing. How is it that you create explosions out of thin air?"

Heartly already had an answer rolling around in his head, but wasn't about to take any chances. He couldn't risk stepping in closer and wandering straight into a naughty little explosion. He figured the best idea was find out how the explosions came to be then make his way in for the arrest.

Stepping close enough to the edge of the puddle off booze however, Heartly stomped his foot down splattering the booze into the air and over both himself & Zachary. as the booze touched upon Heartly it quickly lit on fire but seconds later evaporated.

Changing back into human form Heartly shrunk in size and lost his night time sheet of fur which quickly regressed back within his own body. Returning to his original state the tattoo on his arm became once again clear and the his eyes fell over Zachary's cards and face.

He had the eyes of a swindler and the mouth of a dick.
Docile
Docile
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Colm Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:53 am

The gun was still pointing firmly at Zach but at least the marine had changed back into something more human, whatever the hell it was he had been a moment ago was far more fearsome than anything Zach had come across. He was questioned as to how explosions were formed out of thin air, there should have really been only one explanation for this but then again you can never be too sure. Sometimes it's better to ask and know for certain. This at least gave Zach the opportunity to lie, which could come back to haunt him in the form of this man's wrath, but if not he could use it to his advantage. Alright, well if you must know it's actually quite interesting. You see I stumbled across an inventor a few islands back that had some strange fixation on explosives, he almost refused to make something if it couldn't go boom. As a gambler I thought it would be fun to have a few loaded cards along with my dice so I asked and he agreed to make them for me. Glancing down at the cards Zach returned his attention back to the marine. The power is in the cards my friend. No cards, no explosives. And the same goes for my dice too. Keeping his hands raised Zach did his best to look as non-threatening as possible, the last thing he needed right now was to get shot.
Colm
Colm

Back to top Go down

Post by Docile Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:36 am

Looking at Zachary lying through his teeth Heartly nodded.

"Yeah, okay. Explosive inventions. Sure."

What a cheeky bastard. Whats the point in blowing on the objects if its an invention. This guy's got powers like mine but different. Heartly thought to himself.

"Well Zachary, its time you get down on your chest and place your hands behind your back. If you don't want to I'm more than happy to bring you down hard. I'm quite the dangerous man."

Taking a step forward the ground beneath Heartly's foot begun to turn black and heat started to escape his body. Sniffing the air, Heartly caught hold of a stench and shook his head.

"Don't do it."

Heartly said smelling Zachary's future.
Docile
Docile
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Colm Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:17 am

Well it was clear that the marine didn't believe him and honestly Zach was kinda hurt about that, he did do his best to sound like he was telling the truth after all. And the fact that someone as non-threatening looking as he was could be considered a threat was just ridiculous, but of course he didn't have a very good track record as far as threats go. Listening to the orders being barked at him Zach looked down at the floor, it was a pool of alcohol and he was being forced to lie face down into it. He'd try to argue but there'd really be no point. Remind me to hand you my dry cleaning bill. Doing as he was asked Zach wasn't in the mood to upset the man who was currently arresting him, his odds of making it out of here if he tried something weren't all that good anyway. It seemed that the marine was expecting something however, looking up at him with a face full of alcohol Zach smirked at him. Handle with care and I won't have to do anything.
Colm
Colm

Back to top Go down

Post by Docile Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:29 am

Ignoring the comments that came from Zachary, Heartly removed a pair of handcuffs from his belt and approached Zachary as he placed the heart stopper back into the holster. Reaching down to place Zachary's hands in cuffs, Heartly took another whiff.

"You come with me nice & easy and I'll give you no trouble, but you give me trouble and remember this, there's alcohol all over your clothing and all it'll take is one tiny spark and you'll be a fireball mate. Even once its dried. And I'm a bad enough spark as it is so don't go setting me off."

Knowing full well of his own capabilities he just hoped this idiot wouldn't try anything again once he was freed from his prison time. He knew it wouldn't be a long time he'd be in there, but it would be longer enough for him to learn his lesson about gambling. At least, Heartly hoped it would be.
Docile
Docile
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Colm Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:40 am

Zach felt the handcuffs get slapped on him and that just about sealed the deal, he really didn't want to go to prison but there wasn't much he could do given the current situation. The marine practically voiced that fact once more with the threat of lighting Zach on fire, now normally he'd take that bluff, but this guy was on a different level then marines he'd dealt with in the past. If this guy said he'd burn him alive he damn well meant it. Slowly getting up on his feet so that he could be taken to wherever this guy was going to be leaving him Zach sighed for a moment. It was rather disappointing getting caught, but considering he could have practically blown up half the town square he decided it was better this way, all that death and destruction would rack up and he could really find himself in some serious trouble. Alright. You caught me man, I won't be trying to pull anything. Last thing I need is to get myself killed. Cause knowing my luck you'll be there waiting to take me to the other side.
Colm
Colm

Back to top Go down

Post by Docile Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:55 am

As Heartly slapped the cuffs over Zachary's wrists, Heartly watched as he got to his feet. Grabbing hold of the chain that held the cuffs together, Heartly held one hand behind Zachary as he marched on ahead pulling Zach along with him.

"Hell hound ares here to warn others that something bad is about to go down or that someone is going to die. I'm no reaper."

Leading the way in front of Zachary it would only be a matter of moments before Zachary was going to be thrown into a prison cell and have his time to think about his crimes. Heartly was strong and not someone to fuck around with, mostly a nice calm man, until you attack, just like the original Hell hound.
Docile
Docile
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Colm Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:23 am

It seemed like the marine had a rather good idea of what he was talking about, it would probably much more helpful to be a hell hound than a reaper anyway. For a moment Zach wondered if that's how he had managed to track him down so quickly, as well as the transformations he was capable of. He had no idea of knowing for sure though, the world was full of all kinds of strange people capable of strange things. Getting tugged along as the marine started to move Zach followed behind him, he made sure not to get to close or too far away so it wouldn't look like he was trying to pull something. Soon enough he'd be behind bars, might as well not get too banged up before then. Alright, fair enough mate. You can be whatever you'd like, I suppose you've earned it.
Colm
Colm

Back to top Go down

Post by Docile Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:01 am

Arriving at the Marine HQ of the island, Heartly led Zachary towards the cells. Using a cloth Heartly push Zachary forward as he opened the door to the cell, Heartly stepped back slamming the door shut. Looking over Zachary from afar Heartly paused.

"Now I know you're probably thinking as soon as I leave you'll explode those handcuffs off and make your escape. But just to let you know right now, these cells aren't made for ordinary criminals. They're reinforced for those criminals who're just that much more violent. It can withstand the blast from a naval ship's canon. Also don't touch the bars. Sea stone. Not so friendly to men like you & I. Anyway you won't be in here long, just serve the time, learn your lesson and you'll be just fine."

Turning to make his exit, Heartly sighed, that fool was probably going to try escaping again, but it would be useless. These cells below ground level had too much security to keep him from escaping. Precautions taken seemed stupid, but they were worth it.
Docile
Docile
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Colm Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:45 am

It didn't take long before the two of them had made it to the Marine HQ stationed on the island, stepping inside Zach was led to where the cells were located and was given a light shove inside one of them. Quite frankly it didn't seem like Zach was going to be able to get out of here with the description he was just given about the cell he was stuck in. Taking a quick look around the place didn't seem all too bad, of course he would rather prefer to be free, but for the time being he would make do. It appeared to be in his best interest to avoid touching the bars, he wasn't really in the mood to feel completely drained of all his strength. Looking back to the marine Zach nodded. Alright then. Turning away and taking a seat on the bed Zach started to think of what he could do right now, for the moment he decided to wait until things seemed calm enough around here for him to try and make a run for it. He probably didn't have any reason to bust out of here considering his sentence wasn't all that big, but there wasn't exactly a long list of good reasons for him to stay put either.
Colm
Colm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next