One Piece Memories
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to One Piece: Memories

Greetings & welcome to One Piece Memories a place to create memories, make friends & sail the sea. You can take whichever path you choose from a life of justice to a life of piracy and anything in between. Have fun upon the deadly seas that await your arrival.
Affiliates
One Piece Memories Button

Other Site Affiliates

Earth Land Faries
Serious: One Flintlock, One Chance Pn-af11
Latest topics
» Forced Heroes
Serious: One Flintlock, One Chance EmptySun Jul 24, 2016 5:00 pm by Guest

» The Start Of A Magical Adventure!
Serious: One Flintlock, One Chance EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 10:38 am by Sweet Dreams

» Inu-Inu no Mi Model: Kitsune
Serious: One Flintlock, One Chance EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 10:42 am by Docile

» Eric's soccer balls
Serious: One Flintlock, One Chance EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 8:15 am by Okamiro

» Hajimemashite!
Serious: One Flintlock, One Chance EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 5:31 am by Sweet Dreams

» Shinobi Fables Untold
Serious: One Flintlock, One Chance EmptyFri Jun 10, 2016 7:57 am by Guest

» Hogwarts & Beyond
Serious: One Flintlock, One Chance EmptySun May 29, 2016 3:36 am by Guest

» Vixon Vox
Serious: One Flintlock, One Chance EmptyWed May 25, 2016 10:45 am by Raizen

» Activity Check
Serious: One Flintlock, One Chance EmptyWed May 25, 2016 8:43 am by Raizen

Serious: One Flintlock, One Chance

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Serious: One Flintlock, One Chance Empty Serious: One Flintlock, One Chance

Post by Docile Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:19 am

Somewhere in the great East Blue...

Skies clear, clouds drifting by & a gentle breeze blowing and a shit ton of cigar smoke from old crank, stubborn git, bald headed Captain Igneous Haggard. Old he may be but senile he isn't. Standing before all of his men in the swankiest new shoes he stands at a height of 7 feet. Wearing an old Marine coat with the Naval insignia's crossed out. A great big gnarled grizzled brown beard that clung to his face, X shaped scars reaching all over the back of his shaved bald head, a set of sunglasses hiding his eyes & a torn open black shirt hanging from his torso.

Gazing through those dark lenses into the eyes of a man who'd recently wronged him Captain Haggard stepped forward as the crowd of men stood watching & waiting.

"Calico Hail!"

"Captain Calico Hail" he muttered quietly in a foul attempt to be heard.

"You've been found trying to steal from me, a very important map, and for this you will pay the price. Now you see me in a prime position to kill you right now and not one person would bat an eye. No one! But I'm possibly losing my marbles or becoming more generous and cock-y in my old age. Because right now I am offering you a second chance. The chance being that you can escape my boat and you can leave to where ever you please. But you will be leaving in the middle of this vast ocean. With one thing."

Arcing his eyebrow out of curiosity, foolishly hoping it was the map, he leaned forward with curiosity.

"The map?" he murmured quietly to himself, loud enough however to still be heard.

"Not the map! But a holster with a flintlock & only one shot. That will be your one shot to take me down. But for now, you must walk the plank."

Handing them over to Calico he took them gratefully and after a quick inspection of the flintlock slipped it into the holster. Everything seemed to be in working order, well except for the fact that he was walking the plank.

"Y'know I've walked allot of planks, you can let me off at the next island."

Unsheathing his sword and stepping closer as the blade was directed towards Calico's throat he leant back.

"Geez, alright chill out I'm going I'm going."

Turning and walking the plank as instructed he stood on the edge looking over the ocean blue.

"You never really get a good enough look at the ocean when your at sea till you stand on the end of a plank and get a chance to see where your going."

"Stop wasting my time, boy!"

"No really, its like your whole life flashes before your eyes."

Pressing the tip of his cutlass into Calico's back, Igneous was just looking for an excuse, any excuse.

Nodding Calico began to bounce on the plank preparing to jump.

"Just one thing before I jump."

"Hmm?" the captain grunted angrily applying little pressure to his blade.

"When I leap over the edge, I'm going somewhere, you on the other hand. Well you better check your sails."

As they all turned to check out the sails Calico grinned, his words had led them to believe he really had damaged their sails. Well he had but they didn't know that.

In that moment of confusion, Calico took advantage of this misdirection and cast his anchor into the air towards the mast. As the anchor shot over one of the arms of the mast, it acted like a counter weight. By the time Captain Igneous & his men turned around they caught sight of Calico shooting into the air as he snatched the map from Igneous's hand.

Landing atop one of the arms he quickly began to wind up the anchor on to his arm as gunfire opened up and bullets riddled past him on either side. Catching it on his arm he tightened the anchor to his forearm. With a combination of waves hitting the ship, bullets flying past him on either side & the balancing act he was currently stuck in Calico realized this combination was more than enough to get him killed but the erratic beating in his heart told him one thing.

This was fun!

Standing up quickly and sprinting towards the end of the arm he felt brushes of hot lead scrape his arms and even his legs, but this was nothing but a flesh wound. Not even that. A flesh wound at best. With a smile on his face, a map in his pocket and head high on adrenaline & endorphins he leapt from the arm plunging into the great blue yonder known as the east blue giving a final salute to the old crank, stubborn git, bald headed, notorious, infamous Captain Igneous Haggard.[/b]
Docile
Docile
Admin
Admin

https://onepiecememories.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Serious: One Flintlock, One Chance Empty Re: Serious: One Flintlock, One Chance

Post by Colm Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:47 pm

Sun was shining, ocean was doing it's thing, seagulls were... making their seagull sounds, all in all it was a beautiful day, a lot like most days out on the ocean. This day was a bit special however, Johnny had found himself out of money on the last island and was already dead set on moving on to the nest place, so his options were getting some cash or stowing away. Not very difficult to figure out what his decision was. Taking a bite out of an apple he found in a crate Johnny leaned back against some other boxes full of assorted crap and relaxed, he was having a good ole time hiding out in the storage are of a marine ship run by some jack-ass he didn't even really know too well. All he could tell about Haggard or "Haggis" as Johnny lovingly nicknamed him was that he was old, tough, and probably extremely full of himself like most pirates seemed to be. After swallowing the bite he took he started laughing a bit, he'd been going from place to place for a while and it was just funny to him that nobody ever really looked for stowaways, like people doing it was a myth or something.

Burping rather loudly Johnny poked his head over the crate in front of him and looked around, nobody in sight, meaning there probably wasn't anyone to hear him. It was odd, nobody seemed to be able to hear him but he could hear everything that was going on up top. Apparently some poor bastard had tried stealing from the ships captain and got caught, now he was getting speeched like no tomorrow, it seemed like the older a person got the more they liked the sound of their own voice. There was the occasional sound of cheering from his men, Johnny was bored and joined in by spouting whatever came to mind. Keelhaul him captain! Hang the man, do it, do it! Arrr, make him walk the plank sir. Johnny caught the last part of the captain's speech and he wondered for a moment if the geezer had heard him. They were going to make the guy walk the plank. Well shit, I'm pretty good at this. Where do I sign up to be in charge? Johnny started laughing again and took another bite of the apple.

There was some more cheering and then a dead silence, Johnny kept quiet and tried to hear for something, he seemed to be in a good place to hear a splash. Waiting, waiting, and a little more waiting, all he could hear was some talk. Johnny was getting bored and was about to take another bite when he heard a bunch of shouting a barrage of gunfire, looks like shit had hit the fan and he wondered what the occasion might be. From all the yelling it looked like the thief had pulled a fast one and was doing some crazy ass stunts to get out of here with whatever he had tried to steal earlier. Run man, run! Johnny cheered the nutbag on, there was a part of him that wanted to head up deck and join in on the madness but upon hearing a splash he figured there was no point. If the guy managed to survive floating around he'd have successfully escaped, which considering the odds that had been stacked against him is pretty impressive. Taking another bite he finished the apple and chucked the core across the room, it hit the wall and the sound echoed for a moment but from everything happening on deck he doubted anyone heard it. Leaning back against the crates Johnny yawned and decided to take a nap, he didn't know how long until they hit the next island but he'd wake up sooner or later.

Jabbing, repeatedly too, it was starting to get really damn annoying. Opening an eye to see what the hell was going on he was greeted by the site of a pirate pointing a rifle at him, he didn't look too happy to see Johnny. Doing his best to wake up Johnny sat up straight against the crates and yawned loudly, that seemed to just piss the guy off even more considering he jabbed him in the stomach. That really is uncomfortable man. I don't give a shit! Just who the hell are you and what are you doing here? Johnny smirked at the questions being thrown at him, being questioned at gunpoint was a familiar feeling. Just a broke man trying to find his way to the next island. And I don't really think it's important to know my name. The pirate looked like he was going to pop a vein or something, which definitely did not add any charm to his horrid appearance. He held the gun like he was about to shoot Johnny, to which the cyan haired punk simply raised his hands above his head. You little shit, do you know who you're dealing with? It's a hundred years too soon to be using that line against me buddy. Before the pirate could react Johnny launched a spring loaded punch at his face, the impact knocked the guy across the room and into some crates, he didn't move so he was out cold. Standing up and dusting himself off Johnny smiled and flipped off the unconscious pirate. You're the one who didn't know who he was dealing with. Heading up the stairs Johnny was careful to not be spotted and hopped over the edge of the ship, landing on the dock below he placed his hands in his pockets and started whistling a happy tune as he strolled into town like he owned the place.
Colm
Colm

Back to top Go down

Post by Docile Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:10 pm

Finally catching sight of an island after all the miles he'd been swimming Calico felt relieved along with aching muscles screaming for some form of soothing. He was just happy to see there really had been an island close by. Treading water for a few moments he slicked back his hair to avoid it getting in his line of vision as he continued swimming and started to kick his legs hoping to get there are soon as possible.

He had some treasure to find, but first he needed to rest up, then get a ship before he could set off in search of this treasure. And thankfully he had the map too.

Oh shit! The map! It had been in his pocket this whole time. Even though it was a zipped pocket some water was still bound to get in. panicking at the thought of this map being ruined, Calico quickened the pace. If this map really was now water logged he would be kicking himself.

This was the map of Grainevine's Gold. It wasn't said to be a huge fortune, but it was said to be a different kind of treasure, one which would stand the test of time. Whatever that meant.

Feeling seaweed brushing against his legs Calico grinned. That was always a good sign and to him over the years seaweed had started to feel like an angel's slimy hands caressing his aching legs.

Reaching the docks he looked up to see a 8 ft wall. He clearly didn't have the strength nor reach to pick himself up, but he did have his anchor.

Quickly unraveling it and tossing it up like a grappling hook he pulled himself up the rope to the pavement where he lay on his back panting with his legs hanging over the edge.

He could see people passing by in all directions including a man with cyan coloured hair and a great height. Taking this time to catch his breath & rest his muscles Calico slowly reached into his pocket unzipping it and sat up. Carefully unfolding the paper he could see it was damp.

Never a good sign.

Gently unfolding the paper and setting it down on the pavement beside him Calico glanced over it. His jaw hit the floor when he saw how the ink had run so badly he couldn't tell if it was "The Boobie's Lair" or "The Beast's Lair"

Slamming his fist into the ground he realized two things, he would need a map so he could cross reference these names with the map and that hitting the pavement really hurt. Grimacing in pain a little he opened & closed his hand a few times before he gently picked up the map and held it in his hand in clear plain view of the sun hoping it would dry. Picking himself up after a good 10 minute rest and tying his anchor back on to his back he made his way in land.

He needed to find a tavern, somewhere for good food, good drinks & someone who knew the town. He already had a checklist in mind of what he was looking for.

Checklist
- Food & Drink
- Map
- Ship
- Crew

Once he had those few things sorted he would be a happy bunny. Although crew wasn't a necessity, it would just be nice knowing he didn't have to do this alone. The last time he'd had someone join him though, the bastard had tried running off with all of the treasure.

Calico hadn't been happy seeing him try, nor had he been happy seeing him get arrested whilst the treasure was taken by Marines as what they like to call "evidence" and Calico would refer to as bonus pay.

Lucky bastards!
Docile
Docile
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Colm Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:43 pm

Johnny wasn't sure what tune he was whistling, he was honestly impressed with himself that he could carry a tune, let alone whistle this well for a long period of time. There was some whispers and murmurs in the crowds he walked by, at first Johnny thought they were talking about they way he carried himself or maybe even the unusual color of his hair, but upon looking around he found the source of their confusion. Some guy was lying on his back, he was completely soaked to the bone like he'd been swimming and from the way his chest rose and sank so quickly he must have been exhausted, it was kind of strange sure but Johnny had seen much weirder so he didn't really pay it any mind. As he continued down the street Johnny realized something, he had no idea where the hell he was even going nor did he even know what island he was on, although that second part wasn't too important. As he walked past a dark alley he could swear he heard a voice. Psst! That wasn't enough to stop Johnny though, he walked right on by until he heard it again, louder this time. Oi I'm calling you ya prick! This forced him to a stop, without turning around he casually backed up and leaned back, peering down the alleyway he saw a couple of less than friendly looking men with smiles on their faces. That's right blue boy, come over here. A smile crept across Johnny's face and he did just as he was asked, it would be rude to turn down such a kind offer after all.

The setting was just perfect, it looked like Johnny was about to get mugged or something, little did the three morons standing before him know they didn't stand a chance in hell. Johnny's friends back home couldn't take him and they looked way tougher than what he was stuck looking at now. Haven't seen you around here before. I just arrived into town, I was hoping one of you could tell me a good place to go to for a fun time. Oh sure. We'll be sure to leave you out front of someplace real nice, just hand over all your money first. The smile on his face simply grew and grew until Johnny was cracking up, he could see the men in front of him staring in disbelief and looking at one another. Dude, I'm broke. This answer just pissed the apparent leader off. You son of a bitch, we can do this the easy way or the hard way. It's up to you, but we're not leaving here empty handed and you're not walking away unharmed. Johnny just sighed, these guys were pretty sad looking. So you're not going to point me in the right direction then? Bummer. Turning away from the men he could hear them yelling more obscenities and could hear footsteps, one of them was charging right at him. Turning around and raising his leg in one quick motion Johnny kicked the guy in the side of the head and slammed his head into the wall to his left, there was a loud thud and he slowly dropped to the ground unconscious. This didn't seem like enough of a red flag for the other two however, one of them charged at him and Johnny kicked the guy on the inside of his leg, causing him to stumble. As he fell Johnny grabbed a hold of his collar and delivered a swift and powerful headbutt, there was the sound of bones cracking and after dropping the guy he could see his nose had been broken, some people just weren't built to last it seems. Now that the last guy was shitting his pants Johnny casually strolled over to him and stopped, he leaned in so his face was only a few inches of space between them. So where am I going? Th-there's a tavern nearby. A good one! Just keep up the street and you'll see it on your left. Johnny smiled at the guy and turned, he started walking away and waving the guy off. Thanks for being such a good sport. As he exited the alleyway he turned to face the guy. You really shouldn't fuck with me though. Pulling his arm back he launched a spring fist at the guy, connecting with his neck the man flew back and rolled along the floor, from where Johnny was standing he could see the guy writhing in pain.

Placing his hands back in his pockets he continued along up the street as the thug had instructed. Johnny had only been in town a half hour if that and he already kicked some people's asses, this was looking like a good day. The road seemed kinda long but after a few more minutes Johnny was sure he'd found what he was looking for, it looked like a pretty decent place. Stepping in through the doors he could see a pretty good layout, people were talking and playing cards along with other gambling games and almost everyone seemed to be drinking. There were a few rough looking individuals in there that gave Johnny some funny looks, this was his kind of place. He didn't have a dime to his name but that wasn't going to stop him from having a good time, he was sure he was going to ring up quite the tab though, he always did at places like this. Walking in he sat at the counter and ordered a drink. Grab a few different things and just slam them together with some ice. The bartender looked at him with a puzzled expression but Johnny's smile was enough reassurance that he was completely serious. Grabbing a glass and filling it with some ice the bartender grabbed a couple different bottles and poured the alcohol in, after mixing it up he slid it down. Johnny caught the glass and took a sip, it was cold, tasted like adventure.
Colm
Colm

Back to top Go down

Post by Docile Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:11 pm

Calico

Looking left then right, Calico could see the town whatever town this was, was bustling with life, it was nice, but he was in real need of a rest somewhere. He could barely stand to be on his feet right now due to how much his body was aching. Slowly making his way down on of the streets he noticed a few men painfully making their way out of an alleyway, one of which seemed to have a broken nose. Raising an eyebrow he watched as they hobbled by.

Shrugging his shoulders Calico thought about the treasure and the best person to ask right now about a tavern. Spotting a young woman with her, husband? he stopped to ask.

"Heya, I'm new in town and I was wondering, do you guys know where a good tavern is?"

After giving Calico a long cold hard stare, mainly because he was drenched and his hair a rotten mess, they replied with a dead answer.

". . . No . . . "

Turning away and continuing down the street Calico only had one thing he could really say to that.

Well thanks allot!

Reaching the inner workings of the town, Calico discovered a small shop, and as far as he knew this would be the best place to ask some questions & get some answers. Entering he could see it was a souvenir shop. This would be just perfect. He found two maps, one of the East Blue and another of the island.

Reaching into his pocket with the last of the money he had from the treasure he'd found with his father, he handed it over to the man behind the counter.

"Ain't seen you 'round before?"

"Yea, I'm new to town."

Giving Calico a quick once over the man chuckled.

"D'you swim here or something?" he asked jokingly chuckling to himself.

Nodding Calico replied.

"Yea, I did actually." that pretty much killed the man's laughter and the next thing he knew there was an awkward silence, this was Calico's reason for leaving.

Sitting on a bench outside he took a quick look over the island map and looked for a tavern.

Johnny

Bursting through the doors of the tavern Johnny had just entered ran a middle aged man dressed rather quite well with a black mustache and curly black locks. Stopping to catch his breath, it took moments before the bartender acknowledged him by name.

"Alfie, calm down. Just calm down and take a seat. You know you shouldn't run too far in one sitting."

"B-b-but its important!"

Stepping out from behind the bar and approaching Alfie, the bartender rested a hand on his shoulder.

"It can't be more important than your health Alfie. Now come on lets get you a drink and a seat."

Attempting to lead Alf to a sea by the bar the bartender was surprised to see him refuse and stand up straight to announce.

"No! Look I'm here because we're in serious trouble! Pirates are here! Real life pirates are actually here!"

Pausing momentarily the bartender's face dropped. , mean whilst everyone else in the bar gulped and their faces filled with fear. Not one person looked happy, in fact every one looked as if they were already dead. One woman broke down in tears. Picked up by the bartender he held her head to his shoulder.

"Don't worry Beatrice, don't worry, I know how to handle them."

"Yea, but no one else does!"

"No one else needs to." he replied as he sat her down and concentration covered his face.
Docile
Docile
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Colm Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:05 pm

There was the sound of doors slamming, probably someone excited barged in, Johnny didn't bother turning around though he was far too busy stirring his drink around and trying to determine what was in it. Whatever the hell was going on would continue without Johnny, it's not like he was a part of this place anyway. He wasn't paying attention but he could hear what was going on considering the guy was shouting despite the fact he probably had the attention of every other damn person in the bar. If this guy Alfie had been trying to get a reaction out of Johnny he succeeded. The cyan haired drifter had been mid sip when the word pirate was uttered, he stopped and calmly looked around the place with the glass still held to his mouth to somewhat obscure his expression. Everyone looked like they had just pissed their pants, one lady even started crying. Luckily they all weren't staring at Johnny who was the obvious stranger, meaning they weren't talking about him, cause if they did that would really suck.

Taking another look around Johnny was grateful he wasn't going to get jumped by everyone in the bar, they were too busy doing some dead men walking routine. He was honestly surprised, it looked like the only person in here who wasn't scared shitless was the bartender, it was just pirates, nothing rare. It looked like these people were in some serious trouble and need help. Johnny finished what was left of his drink and calmly placed the glass on the counter, he would have slammed it to get everyone's attention but then it probably would have broken and he'd have a cut up bloody hand. That would have made him looking like an idiot, not what he was going for at the moment. Clearing his throat and turning around Johnny figured he might as well lend a hand. Hey, I'm a... He was going to say pirate but that would have just caused everyone to be at his throat within moments, they probably would have been able to muster the courage to gang up on one man. A pretty tough guy. If you're talking about who I think you're talking about then you mean the guys whose ship I stowed away on. They're not very smart and I'm sure as hell not afraid of them, so if you need someone to deal with them... A smile crept across Johnny's face as he flashed everyone a thumbs up. Then you can count on me.
Colm
Colm

Back to top Go down

Post by Docile Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:13 pm

Calico

Spotting a tavern, Calico grinned. Its name was the Greenman's Arrival. Sounded as good a tavern as the next. Looking down the list of taverns in the town he saw the name of the next one was Gangrene Boulder. Hmm maybe it wasn't as good as the next one. Any tavern with Gangrene in the title couldn't be good could it?

Getting to his weary feet and following the route described on the map Calico made his way to the tavern. With his head stuck in his map, he managed to walk into an alleyway. With no idea that the pirate ship he'd just stolen the treasure map from had docked here, Calico continued down the alleyway. Turning left at the end of the alley he found himself walking face first into what felt like a brick wall.

Stumbling back and lowering the map Calico saw a black wall of muscle. Raising his head all that he saw was muscle till his eyes fell upon shoulder blades a neck & finally the ugly ass head of a shaven headed pirate with three golden ear rings hanging from his left ear & a scar which ran over his left eye.

Raising an eyebrow Calico questioned.

"Sorry can I help you?"

Grinning a toothless grin with a gleam of gold the pirate glared back at Calico clenching his fist tightly.

Johnny

Turning to see the man who mentioned he'd been a stowaway on the pirate's boat the people in the tavern all shot glances of shock towards Johnny. Standing up and stepping towards Johnny he leaned against the bar.

"You stowed away aboard their ship? Well I won't lie that certainly displays a form of bravery. But look, you can't mention things like that out loud in here. The people of this town are, very submissive to the fact that there are people out there who wish to do them harm. I used to be a pirate but I've changed my ways."

Looking around at the people in the tavern and their worried faces he nodded.

"Don't worry, everything is going to be alright." he said smiling. Turning back to Johnny he continued.

"Theres only two guys here who know how to protect the people of this town. Theres me & theres Willis the local blacksmith. I'm a former pirate & hers a former marine. But we were both looking for the same thing. Peace, and thats just what we found here. Now we'd like to keep it that way as much as possible, so if your really sure about helping out, I'll have you know that you can't bring about such heinous violent acts in public, because the people here, they just don't know how to handle it."

Considered on of the most peaceful islands in the world, this island had found no need for Marines as they were rarely attacked, but even when they were, they had people strong enough to defend them, they saw marines as just another pointless job in which people would be getting paid & supplied with weaponry for next to no reason.

At the docks

Stepping down from gangplank to the docks Captain Igneous met with his fellow crew mates who stood armed to the teeth.

"Men, thanks to McGill we've been able to track that bastard Calico Hail here! So I want each & every one of you to tear this place apart until we find this sonovabitch! First person to bring me his head gets 12 percent of the treasure." grunts of interest were raised.

Overhearing these words a local docker made his way towards them in an attempt to be brave.

"Hi there, excuse me sir, but I couldn't help but over hearing you, but we would very much so be very grateful if you wouldn't pull out humble town apart. We're a simple people see."

Taking the young docker under his arm and leading him away from the bloodthirsty pirates that surrounded him.

"Oh yes, I'm perfectly sorry, I didn't mean to worry you at all. We're merely here to get back whats ours. I mean if someone stole the keys to your house or a few hundred beli, you'd want them back right."

Nodding as he was led away and spoken to in a calm manor the docker felt more confident and comfortable.

"Well yes of course sir"

"Well we're just coming to get back whats ours. So you understand what we're going through right?"

"Well yes of course I do."

"Good, good, then you won't be so shocked when we do whatever we need to, to get back whats ours."

Taking a step back at this point the docker realized the Captain's attempt to trick him and shook hi head.

"Well no, no. I just think you could take a much nicer, easier option."

Removing his arm and reaching into his coat, Igneous removed a flintlock, aiming it at the docker he tutted shaking his head.

"Well then I guess we both have very different outlooks on this whole situation don't we?"

Squeezing the trigger a bullet ripped through the docker's hip causing him to hit the floor in agony and spill blood through the cracks in the pavement.

Turning back to his crew as he reloaded his flintlock, Igneous began to gesture to his crew.

"Get going then men! What're you waiting for a cookie?!"
Docile
Docile
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Colm Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:56 am

Johnny just kinda stared blankly at the guy as he was giving his speech, he occasionally looked around the bar to the terrified townspeople, they seemed to be spooked by just about anything. There was a part of the story that caught Johnny's attention however, apparently the bartender was an ex-pirate and the blacksmith was an ex-marine, they were able to coexist on this island and it looked like they were going to work together to protect the people they cared about. This put a smile on Johnny's face, not the usual smart-ass grin, but a gentle warm hearted smile. The story gave Johnny hope of a better world, it also was all he needed to hear to make up his mind, he had already decided he was going to help them but this reinforced it. The last part though completely went over Johnny's head, he was going to kick some ass regardless of whether or not people would be able to deal with all the violence.

Standing up from his seat he placed a hand on the bartenders shoulder. You go find your blacksmith buddy then and come up with a plan to keep these people safe and defend your town. I'm going to go on ahead and handle things my way. Johnny grinned at him and walked off with his hands in his pockets, pushing the door open with his body he was out on the street again. There was no changing his mind or arguing with him, he was going to handle things the way he always did, just cause it made some people uncomfortable wasn't enough to stop him. He had to figure out where all this was going to go down however, he couldn't just head back to the docks, because of his devil fruit it would be too dangerous for him to fight around there. There didn't seem to be too many people out at this time, word had probably started to spread and the townspeople were going into hiding. Hey! Where's the most popular place in town? I need to get there to kick some ass!
Colm
Colm

Back to top Go down

Post by Docile Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:22 am

Calico

Feeling a slight sense of threat from the man Calico reached for the anchor tied on to his back. Before he could remove it and prepare himself for whatever was coming next a large black fist shot towards his face. Leaning back ever so slightly though he managed to avoid it as the fist cracked the wall it had connected with.

Looking towards the large man with shock, Calico raised the anchor in an attempt to bring it down over the large man's head. Stepping back the man avoided the anchor but throwing a punch forward he found the anchor wrapping around one of his hands and dragging it down.

Aiming a punch with his other fist the man was surprised when Calico twisted the anchor and caught his other hand on the free hook as he raised it.

Grinning at the large man who had his hands caught in the anchor's curves and seemed slightly pained, Calico took advantage of this rare situation and launched a kick to the groin which sent him to the ground clutching at his prized jewels.

Smirking Calico knew trouble was on the way and tied his anchor to his forearm preparing himself for more trouble which seemed to be on the way. This man was most likely a pirate from Igneous's crew.

Running from the alleyway and into the street he quickly checked the map before continuing further down a street in search of a tavern. Anywhere he could hide.

The bar tender who'd been speaking to Johnny had been happy to see he was more than happy to help but not so happy he'd do it his own way. This could mean trouble, but he'd still do what he could to vanquish these pirates.

Leaning behind the bar he grabbed hold of the den den mushi and begun to call Willis. The sooner he got hold of him, the better.

As for the pirates of Igneous, they had already begun to tear the town apart. After searching houses they'd set them alight, so house after house had already begun to catch fire. In the far distance from the docks smoke rose into the air and citizens ran past Johnny seeking safety as there was clearly none in the housing estate they were retreating from.

With houses burning along with possessions it had taken months to gain & people taking bullets & blades to their guts, it was clear where the action was.
Docile
Docile
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Colm Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:47 am

The air started to thicken and in the distance there was bright lights, it was obvious to tell that fires were being lit and smoke was littering the air. Johnny scanned the crowd of people that were running past him, they all seemed to be coming from one main area, where the pirate scum he was going to beat into the ground was at. Fear and panic had enveloped the town, it wouldn't be long before as many as possible had cleared out and it would just be Johnny against the world, something he was familiar with. He wasn't really sure if he'd be getting any back up but he'd appreciate whatever help he got, he could probably handle everything on his own but it would be a tremendous pain in the ass. At this point he could feel the heat of the flames and now the sounds of gunfire and screaming reverberating through the area, it seemed like "Haggis" and his crew were having a jolly old time.

Some civilians were attempting to flee for their lives while others tried to salvage what they could, Johnny could see many being shot at or attacked with swords. Turning he could see a pirate wielding a flintlock pistol standing over a woman's body, he was preparing to fire as she begged for her life. That ticked Johnny off. Running towards a nearby building he did a front flip and landed feet first on the side, as he crouched into his landing his legs turned into springs and started to wind tightly. Launching himself Johnny smashed the wall in and rocketed off towards the pirate, he slammed into his stomach with his head and tackled the guy through another buildings wall. With the bastard unconscious Johnny stood up and looked over, the woman had gotten to her feet and was staring at him, he motioned for her to run and she followed. The smile she had on her face warmed Johnny's heart, he was off to a good start. Looking down at the pirate he grabbed the flintlock pistol and aimed at another pirate, firing he hit him square in the back, the man dropped and some of the others turned to look at Johnny. Hey you bastards. Want to try me?
Colm
Colm

Back to top Go down

Post by Docile Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:35 am

[Calico

Hearing the stampede of what seemed to be screaming men, women & children Calico turned his head to find himself barged out of the way by a rather husky bearded man. As he picked himself up and got to his feet, Calico dusted himself down. He would have shouted insults at the man if they'd reach his ears, but the speed they were traveling at they wouldn't reach.

He could tell something was going on down that way and as much as his muscles begged for a rest his curiosity tugged upon his shirt and tried to lead the way.

Grinning as he clenched his fist and tied his anchor around his forearm, Calico tucked away the maps and quickly spotted the area where all the commotion was coming from. It was clearly marked out with a large fire burning.

Johnny

Seeing the damage Johnny caused to the two pirates who had started this fire, Wilis & the bartender Daichi smiled.

"Its good to see someone cares about protecting the citizens here!" Daichi called out to Johnny smiling.

Wilis on the other hand was busy trying to put out the fire. Lifting a large barrel of water into the air above his head, it was clear he was straining a little. He stood still for a moment before he threw this barrel towards the fire. Bursting on impact there was a loud sizzling sound as fire fought water.

Turning to see Wilis attempting to put out the fire Daichi called to Johnny.

"Help us put out the fire before it spreads, we can't afford to let this reach any further. We can't afford to let this many people wind up homeless or lose this much of our town."

"Well maybe we should fork over some money for a bloody Marine army over here, instead of just us two. I'm pretty sure they'd take care of it for a worthy payslip and people here wouldn't be so shit scared anymore."

Looking at Wilis after his remarks Daichi shook his head as he tossed a barrel of water towards the blaze which attempted to reach out to the next house.

Arriving behind the three men stood 5 more pirates. One armed with a 4 way ax & the other 4 armed with guns. Taking aim at the 3 of them under orders of the ax wielder, Daichi turned to see them.

"Well, well, well. What have we here?"

"You've got some pirates searching for a map. Now tell us, you seen a man called Calico Hail?"

As Igneous's army of pirates took either side of the town by storm tearing it apart burning it up and emptying houses in search for Calico, he strolled through the middle happily munching on tangerine segments keeping an eye open for the man with his very fortunate map.
Docile
Docile
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Colm Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:09 pm

A familiar voice rang out and Johnny turned to see the bartender from before, it seemed he was with another man, probably the ex-marine turned blacksmith. It was refreshing to see allies instead of being surrounded by enemies as Johnny usually was. The focus for now seemed to be putting out the fires so they wouldn't spread and engulf the entire town, it was serious business, for the most part anyway. Johnny laughed a little at the bickering between the two of them, he had a point about marines being helpful but if they were here it would honestly just be more people for him to pound into the ground, he was going to be getting into enough trouble as it was. Johnny dropped the flintlock on the ground beside him and stepped to help the two men put out the flames when he noticed some people approaching them. As another blaze was doused five men reached them, one of them was wielding some kind of weird 4 way ax while the others were equipped guns they pointed at Johnny and the other two. It seemed like they were going to open fire but before that they wanted some information, they were looking for a man by the name of "Calico Hail". It had a familiar ring, after some thought Johnny recalled something along those lines being uttered by the thief that had been caught, looks like "Haggis" wanted to finish what he'd started. Crouching down and winding himself up a smile crept across Johnny's face. Never heard of him. In a flash Johnny launched himself towards the pirates, he stuck his arms out and clothes-lined the hell out of two of them, he slammed into the building he'd used to launch himself off of earlier. The collision was somewhat painful but he was alright, the two he'd hit though seemed to be out cold, he was some distance away so he hoped the other two would be able to hold off until he came back for round 2.
Colm
Colm

Back to top Go down

Post by Docile Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:42 pm

Calico

Setting out to fulfill his need to see just what was going on Calico started walking towards the flames which seemed to die down. Picking up the pace however he went from a jog, to a sprint and seconds after he was leaping from the ground on to a crate and clambering on to the roof of a building. Leaping from this roof to the next he quickly found himself scaling larger buildings until he was in clear sight of the scenario unfolding before him.

Johnny

There seemed to be a spring man or something like that, who'd launched himself at two of the pirates and taken them down. But it seemed they'd opened fire on him & the two other men who seemed to be sweating & panting for some reason.

Watching the two other pirates with rifles take aim at the spring monkey, Calico figured it was time he got some action himself. These pirates looked familiar to him, not sure as to why he shrugged it off.

Anchor Assault: Anchor Grip

As the anchor shot between the two riflemen, Calico twisted his arm and the rope. Spinning the anchor around he tugged on it drawing the anchor back. With the anchor drawing back and pulling both men back via their necks Calico grinned.

Wilis & Daichi turned to see Calico leaping down from the roof and using his Anchor Assault: Hook Hammer technique. Casting his anchor into the sky after a quick spin the pirate could see the anchor coming his way.

Raising his ax to defend himself the anchor clashed with his ax. "Cheeky bastard!" Calico muttered. Tugging back on his rope the anchor managed to hook one of the ax blades and rip it from the pirate's hand.

"Your that bastard we're looking for!"

"And your unarmed, outnumbered & in serious danger of getting an anchor to the face if you don't turn around & run the other way."

Noticing the steely look of determination in Calico's eyes the pirate gulped before hesitantly turning and taking his leave. Running from the scene he realized there was nothing he could do alone.
Docile
Docile
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Colm Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:54 pm

Johnny felt a light stinging sensation under his right eye, placing a finger to it he found he'd received a small cut and was bleeding. It didn't seem to be from his crash or he probably would have had more wounds, not to mention he did this crap all the time and never got too badly banged up. That had to mean the pirates had open fired and managed to graze him, hopefully the bartender and blacksmith were alright. Getting up from his position Johnny started to run towards his original position, he noticed something out of the corner of his eyes. Turning his attention to the rooftops he managed to catch the sight of someone landing on the ground and pulling along some of the pirates from before with whatever he was wielding. The stranger even went as far as to disarm the leader of the small group and force him to retreat.

Normally Johnny would have launched a fist to knock the guy out from behind but the distance between him and his target was pretty big, not to mention if he did that then there'd be nobody to bring the rest of the pirates right to them. Looking to the stranger again Johnny realized he looked familiar, he'd seen this guy not too long ago but he was trying to figure out where, glancing to what he held in his hands it was a rope attached to a small anchor, a strange weapon to say the least. His eyes widened as he realized who the mystery man was. I remember you... you're the guy that was lying on his back and completely drenched earlier. Which means you have to be the crazy bastard that stole from captain "Haggis" and escaped. Calico Hail. Johnny crossed his arms and smiled at Calico. You must be out of your mind.
Colm
Colm

Back to top Go down

Post by Docile Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:23 pm

Smiling at the sight of the pirate running for his life, Calico grinned. It had been a while since he'd had a chance to indulge in combat properly. But even so that wasn't enough to quench his thirst.

Turning to face the three other men, Calico smiled at them as he noticed smoke rising from the houses that had once been ablaze. He looked at the two burly men who hadn't reacted to the pirates then at the man who had and heard a string of words from his mouth followed by the final compliment.

"You must be out of your mind."

Chuckling to himself quietly he nodded.

"Yea, yea thats me. Out of my mind, or as my friends call me an adrenaline junkie. Well I guess they would if I had any friends, but that would require me staying somewhere long enough to build up friendships & make bonds with them as well as maintaining a regular acquaintance with them etc etc." drifting off into a world of his own where he begun to mutter to himself Calico didn't realize till he was snapped back to reality by the sudden strange feeling that people were looking at him, and they were.

"Sorry I'm Calico Hail & you guys are?"

"Cleaning up the mess you brought upon our town!" Wilis replied as he approached Calico and placed a hand against his throat. and lifted him from his feet. Surprised and a little deprived of oxygen, Calico reached towards his neck and tried to pry Wilis's fingers from his throat.

"So this Calico Hail the thief they're looking for? I say we hand him over." Daichi spoke.

"Well this little rat bastard has brought this on to our town. Its because of him our town is suffering."

"I . . . . . . . . can . . . . . . . . . fix . . . . . . . . . . . . . this" a struggling Calico said as he continued trying to pry Wilis's hands. Looking towards Johnny Calico hoped he would aid him in some way but chances looked bleak as of now.

Further in the distance on the other side of the town another fire had burst out and more screams rose into the air. Bigger buildings collapsed and possibly men, women & children died in the debris which crumbled down in its masses.

Looking into Calico's eyes with a fury Wilis stunk of Marine. Even Calico could see it in his eyes and he knew nothing about the man.

Tossing him into the ground, Calico gathered his breath once more and slowly picked himself up.

"Someone's got to put that fire out and put a stop to those pirates." Wilis hinted.

"And someone's got to hand this bastard over."

Nodding to one another Wilis began to job towards the new blaze whilst Daichi approached Calico. Looking at Johnny he asked.

"You going to help me with getting rid of this scum bag?"

"I can fix this!"

"I somehow, highly doubt that!"

"Honestly, I can fix this! Let me deal with the pirates and as far as funds go, I have a map to buried treasure, I'm willing to give you this map and leave the treasure to you for re-builds and whatever else you wish."

"And how the hell do I know this is even Worth it?"

Removing the map and tossing it Daichi's way Calico got to his feet.

"See that insignia?"

Lifting the map and looking at the insignia his eyes widened.

"This can't be.

"His last one. Why'd you think they want it so bad?"

Looking towards Johnny then back at Calico and finally the map Daichi had one question.

"If we agree on this then I'm coming with you whilst this man goes with Wilis, I don't want you running off and leaving us in this predicament."
Docile
Docile
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Colm Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:38 pm

Calico started rambling almost as quickly as he had started talking, Johnny didn't really want to be rude and interrupt him but as soon as he was done it seemed like Willis didn't give a single shit about manners and grabbed the guy by his neck. As he dangled about a foot or so above ground Daichi and Willis spoke about just handing Calico over to "Haggis", which seemed a bit harsh. It's true that because he stole the map the bastard was terrorizing the town looking for him, but from the kind of man Johnny expected "Haggis" to be... well this probably would have happened regardless of Calico doing anything. Johnny wasn't really in a position to argue with either of them however, he didn't want to get on their bad sides, after all they all wanted to save the town. Luckily the decision had been made to not kill Calico on the spot, they still wanted to hand him over though. Willis ran off to a new fire and Daichi stayed behind and began a little back and forth with Calico, he'd been dead set on giving him away to the man who would kill him but upon seeing some map he changed his tune. Johnny leaned over to glance at the thing, he sure as hell didn't recognize it but it looked like it was a big deal.

The agreement had sort of been made that Johnny would go off with Willis and help him while Daichi and Calico went and did who knows what the hell. The only person who didn't seem to have a say in this was Johnny, but there wasn't really anything new there. So I get to run towards the fires and danger? This is a good plan, I like this plan. Johnny smiled at the two of them and offered them both a confident thumbs up. Best of luck to you gentleman, the next time I see the two of you you'd sill better be in one piece. Without waiting for a response as he was known for Johnny took off after Willis, they were going to be battling the fires erupting all over the place and probably handle their fair share of pirates. There was a part of him that wondered what Daichi and Calico were going to go off to accomplish, but this was drowned out by his excitement of continuing the action.
Colm
Colm

Back to top Go down

Post by Docile Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:31 am

Calico

Nodding to Johnny & Daichi, Calico was more than happy with the agreement.

"Right well we'll find Igneous, The Captain and deal with him. But how are we going to find him?"

Nodding to Johnny as he mentioned his words of helping Willis and them being in one piece when he gets back, Daichi looked at Calico.

"Well how about we hand you over and I mention I won't hand you over unless I can speak to this Captain first. I've got a few words I'd like to bash into his thick skull."

"I guess that works."

Heading out from the small burnt ruins of the cul-de-sac they'd been in, Calico lead the way, tying his anchor around his back once more he knew he couldn't look like he was wandering around freely.

Gripping him by the collar and hoisting him over his shoulder it seemed Daichi agreed. He had to be seen as a prisoner and not a free man.

Johnny

Rushing to greet Johnny was a small dog. With light fur & blue eyes this dog rushed to his feet at which it begun to bark.

Attempting to gain his attention the dog barked louder and louder staring at Johnny. It may have seemed strange but this dog really did want something of importance.

As for Willis he dealt with the fires with great ease. Knocking down the pillars that would allow the fire to spread along with a few pirates on top of that who would attempt to question him or stop him. He took a knife to through the hand but after a career as a marine he'd been through worse. Much worse!

Still barking wildly at Johnny this dog turned and begun to run in the opposite direction to Willis & the house fires and away from the direction Daichi carried Calico which seemed to be towards the docks.

Dashing down the street to what seemed to be the outer edges of the town the dog frantically jumped about, pleading to be followed.
Docile
Docile
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Colm Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:40 am

As Johnny ran he noticed something small approaching him at high speeds, coming to a stop he found a small dog. He had no idea where it had come from the but the little thing barked and jumped at him frantically, it was trying to get his attention and it succeeded, what it wanted from him though he had no idea. This didn't really seem like the time to be playing with animals though, he had a job to do.

Johnny took a step towards Willis but noticed he was handling things pretty well on his own, he wondered if the ex-marine knew he'd run after him. Looking back he noticed the small dog was running away, it kept turning around and barking at Johnny though. He glanced back to Willis and then at the dog again before returning his attention to his ally. Hey old man take care of yourself. I need to go check something out, I'll meet up with you as quickly as I can. So don't die. Johnny took off running after the small dog, he had no idea where he was being led to but with the way the animal was acting something had to be up.
Colm
Colm

Back to top Go down

Post by Docile Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:56 am

Calico

Feeling Daichi's shoulder digging in to his stomach quite a bit Calico attempted to re-position himself when the pressure on him pulled tighter.

"Ow!"

"You're a prisoner, you don't get comfy, you get pain!"

Turning around a corner the harbor was now in sight, and the pirate ship of Igneous was gloriously standing tall and proud.

"What are the bets hes still aboard his ship?"

"What are the bets whose still aboard his ship?"

Raising his head at the sound of a familiar sounding voice Calico caught sight of the same old face he'd seen only hours earlier.

"I'd say not very high."

Dropping Calico and turning to face Igneous, Daichi got an eyeful of the old geezer.

"Captain Igneous?"

Nodding Igneous looked towards Daichi then Calico.

"At last we meet again Mr Hail."

"It was bound to happen sooner or later."

"Captain Igneous, I heard word you were looking for this young man for whatever reason, its none of my concern, but I will ask if I hand him over to you, will you leave my town alone?"

Smirking before looking away and shaking his head, Igneous licked his lips and unsheathed his cutlass. Staring back into Daichi's eyes he gave a simple answer.

"No, as a pirate I need to expand my empire. So why not set up a base of operations here."

Johnny

As Johnny spoke to Willis about leaving him he nodded as he removed the blade from his hand and stabbed it through the pirate who'd put it there. Digging it through his eye and fracturing his skull slightly where the eye should sit he watched the body drop.

He still had about 8 more pirates to deal with and a blood stained torso, but this was nothing. He'd been through much worse, anyone who saw his back could tell that much.

Leading the way on to a dirt track which had all dried up through a small woodland and through a fence which had a big enough hole for the dog to crawl through in it, this little pup had lead the way to a solution and a problem.

Standing before them stood a large wooden dam. Flames on either side of the dam were closing in from house fires that had grown out of control and they were closing in quickly on the struts holding this dam up. Behind it over 100 tons of water begging to be let forth and gush down over the town.

Even though it would extinguish the fires and possibly all pirates too, the force would easily be more than enough to wash away the town and possibly almost everyone in the town too.

It would only take a few moments for this fire to eat through the struts as trees caught fire and the flames quickly begun to spread. The woodland almost engulfed crept closer and smoke rose higher into the clouds as the sky turned a deeper colour with a mixture of orange from the flames & grey from the smoke.

Barking out of fear the dog stepped closer to Johnny hoping to be saved. The town's fate now stood in Johnny's hands. Drown them all or have faith in 3 men against an army of pirates.
Docile
Docile
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Colm Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:15 am

Johnny wasn't really sure what he was being led to, part of him thought this could be a trap but that would be really freaking stupid, he worked at his best when the odds were stacked up against him. The dog crawled through a hole that stood in the fence in front of him, taking a look around the place was nothing more than a dirt road, barren and desolate. Climbing the fence he hopped over it and followed after the dog, he came to a dead stop and stared in disbelief however when saw what the dog had been trying to tell him. There was a massive dam, it probably had enough water in it to put out the flames, but that would come at the cost of wiping out pretty much everything else on the island.

To make matters worse fires were beginning to spread quickly towards the dam, the flames would eat through it rather quickly and then a great flood would destroy everything. Johnny wasn't even sure if he'd be able to make it out of here alive if he made a run for it, all he could really do was try and put out the flames, but he wasn't even sure how. The small dog that had led him here was as frantic as ever, Johnny had to act quickly or else everyone would be screwed. Racking his brain he came up with an idea, it was pretty stupid and the odds of it working probably weren't even that good but at the moment it was all he had. Crouching down Johnny winded up his legs, launching himself he took off right towards one of the trees closest to the dam that hadn't caught fire yet. Before his collision Johnny flipped himself over and landed, winding himself back up he rocketed towards another tree, the impact of taking off smashed the tree to pieces. Johnny would have to move as quickly as he could to destroy as many trees as he could to prevent the fire from reaching the dam, if he could do this the forest fire would just burn itself out.
Colm
Colm

Back to top Go down

Post by Docile Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:36 am

Calico

Gritting his teeth Daichi shook his head.

"Wrong answer!" stepping in front of Calico Daichi clenched his fists tightly.

"I have no quarrel with you, but Mr Hail on the other hand. I have much to discuss with him, such as the where abouts of my fucking map!"

Picking himself up Calcio placed a hand on Daichi's shoulder and whispered into his ear.

"The ship." stepping past Daichi and facing Igneous he spoke.

"Yea we've got some business to deal with, so just let us handle this and get out of here."

Stepping back from the two Daichi nodded angrily. Slamming his hand into the wall of a house he passed by his rage could be seen.

Tightening his anchor to his forearm Calico smiled at Igneous.

"Are you going to hand over my map, or do I have to take it from you?"

"Would I really be getting myself into a fighting stance if I was going to give it to you?"

Johnny

Watching trees shatter and fall apart around him the little dog leapt from side to side avoiding the branches that scattered around him. He could see thought the fire had begun to stall as it was unable to reach the closer trees. What Johnny was doing, really was aiding the prevention of a flood and the town would be safe. Barking joyfully as Johnny did so the pup didn't care about his well being just the well being of the town.

Crashing into the ground these fragments lay against the fence which was firmly grasping each new segment like a net, slowly bending it managed to accommodate.

Meanwhile the flames towards the bottom of a larger tree had easily eaten through it and already weakened the general integrity. Crashing down the tree begun to fall towards the dam as flames crawled up it.

The peak slammed into the dam taking down two of the logs which slammed into the ground heading for the small dog who cowered in fear. Resting on the third log down a small spillage came crashing down from the dam washing away the flames which had started climbing the downed tree. But now with the structure slightly damaged, its chances of holding the water back were lessening.
Docile
Docile
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Colm Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:27 am

From what Johnny could see zipping around, he was doing a nice job of deforestation, the flames weren't able to spread due to a lack of burnable substances. It looked like the pieces splintering around him were beginning to collect at the fence he had climbed to get in here in the first place. Things were looking up until Johnny noticed something, one of the larger trees he had been saving for later seemed to have burned enough for it to topple over. Crashing into the dam it damaged it enough to break some of the logs and send them hurtling down towards the small dog. Water came spilling out and started to douse some of the flames but it wasn't enough to completely put out the remaining forest blaze. Launching himself Johnny managed to snatch up the dog, he crashed into the floor and began to tumble but he held the dog tightly to avoid it being injured. Slamming into the pile of wood that had accumulated he uncurled himself to see the small dog was alright, placing him on the ground Johnny stood up and dusted himself off. That little endeavor had hurt but besides some light bruising and a couple of scratches he was fine. Another problem had arisen, it didn't look like the flames would be able to reach the dam from the destruction Johnny had caused but the dam had gotten weaker because of the tree slamming into it. He had to figure out something before it broke, looking back at the pile of wood behind him he started to have a thought, he might be able to use it to fix things. How exactly he was going to do this however... well he was still working that part out.
Colm
Colm

Back to top Go down

Post by Docile Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:10 am

Calico

Jabbing towards Calico with his cutlass Igneous grunted as each jab was avoided by a quick side step from him.

Digging his anchor in front of the next jab Igneous stepped back and watched Calico as he prepared his next technique. Swinging his anchor around quickly Calico used his Anchor Assault: Hook Hammer technique. As the anchor slammed into the ground embedding one of the hooks Igneous had stepped aside avoided the attack and had the chance to use his technique.

Wind Up

Spinning the blade in his hand as he attacked Calico took the hit to his left shoulder. Grunting a little as he tugged on the rope and brought the anchor back to himself he allowed the momentum of it to drag him around clockwise and attempted to swing it into Igneous's face.

Ducking he avoided it again and slashed at the back of Calico's knee as he spun around.

Dropping to his knee, Calico screamed in pain whilst Daichi got to work on Igneous's ship. He'd already boarded taking down a few pirates, now it was just a matter of bringing it down.

Johnny

With little snippets of wood splintering off in different directions, water had begun to seep out little by little. However the master log was still in tact and keeping allot of it together still.

The fence had begun to weaken too and as the fence lost its strength the logs began to roll slowly making their way towards the slope that lead to the town.
Docile
Docile
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Colm Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:10 pm

From where Johnny was standing he was able to see that the major points of the dam were still intact although they wouldn't be able to hold forever. There was the sound of something breaking and Johnny turned to see his luck getting from bad to worse. The fence had broken and logs were starting to roll away towards the town, they weren't moving quickly but Johnny knew they would gain speed and that would cause a problem. The image of buildings being smashed from logs crashing into them filled Johnny's head, it would be all his fault too which really sucked. Now there were two problems, the dam was going to break and cause a massive flood and the town was going to be destroyed by tumbling wood. Johnny had an idea, it was another long-shot but since the last one worked for him he figured why the hell not. Crouching down Johnny coiled himself up and jumped high into the air, landing down the slope in front of the rolling logs he poised himself for another take off. Rocketing towards the logs Johnny managed to run into them in a straight line, pushing them back up Johnny waited until the ground was even enough to where they wouldn't roll back down and tossed them aside. Now came the hard part. After landing Johnny grabbed a few of the logs and coiled himself again, he launched himself towards the area where the logs had fallen from and did his best to jam them into place. Landing back on the ground Johnny fell into a back roll to lessen the strain, he got back up on his feet and looked over his work, hopefully it would work out.
Colm
Colm

Back to top Go down

Post by Docile Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:37 pm

Calico

"Quite the sneaky little bastard aren't you?" Calico muttered picking himself up as he turned to face Igneous.

"Says the man who sneaks aboard my ship & steals my map."

As those words escaped Igneous's lips his sword came crashing down towards Calico's right shoulder from the skies. Stepping to the left avoiding the blade which embedded itself in the ground, Calico took advantage of this.

Dragging the anchor back and hook Igneous's neck between the hook & middle section he begun to pull and spin Igneous around.

As Igneous lost grip of his cutlass he found himself on the receiving end of Calico's Anchor Assault: Hook Arm: Lets Dance technique. With the sudden extension of the rope Igneous was spun around by his neck. Clinging to the hooks of the anchor he attempted to pull himself free to no avail.

As Calico slammed him into the wall of a house his ride came to an unsettling end. Crashing down the wall shattered falling into debris covering Igneous. Drawing his anchor back quickly Calico panted catching his breath.

Johnny

Jamming the logs into the dam to fill the holes which had begun to appear it had stopped water from gushing out. The town was currently safe. Although the dam wouldn't hold for too long and would need repair. But that could wait. As long as a message was sent to the repair men of the town they could fix the problem. But for now the problem was disposing of the final pirates who roamed the town attempting to still set fires.

Willis had managed to clear the north side of the town. With a few wounds & bloody smothered over his torso it was obvious that he had been busy. Making his way to the South he spotted a fire which burst out in the West opposite to the Harbor. Stopping he wandered should he head South to stop Pirates setting fire or would he head West to put out the fire, the was no sign of Johnny and he wasn't so sure where he had buggered off to either.

Heading off he clenched his fists ready to put down some pirates & extinguish a fire. Panting as he ran, Willis ignored the pain which surged through his body, the town came first.[/color]
Docile
Docile
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: